Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question? You might find your answer on this page. Simply click on the question to see the answer. If the answer of your question is not on this page then you still can contact us.
- To validate your email address you'll have to do following steps:
- Go to our webpage to penpalworld.com/s.asp
- Enter your email confirmation password
- I can't log into my PenPal World account. Help!
- If you have forgotten your password then you can you can request it at any time. Simply make sure that you enter the same email address you used to sign up at PenPal World.
- How can I add my picture to my profile?
- In order to upload your profile picture you'll have to make sure that it's a JPG and less than 1 MB in size. If it is more than 1 MB then you can go to shrinkpictures.com and make it smaller there.
Simply log into your PenPal World account and then click on "My Profile" and then on "Edit Your Profile Picture".
Note: If you try to upload your picture from a tablet or smart phone, it may not work, because not all are currently supported. But if you use a computer, it will work fine.
- Can I get more messages to send than three a day? I run out lots of times.
- The paying VIP version, which is inexpensive, lets you write lots of messages, as many as most anyone could need. Go look at what you get with it. Maybe it is a good solution for you. Also, you can use your 10 comments to send short messages.
- A friend tried to post a comment on my profile and could not. Why did that happen?
- Your friend probably already had two comments posted there. Just delete one or both of the old messages and they should be able to comment you again.
- What should I do if I get confused about how to do things here or if I have a problem?
- Go to support and ask Jakob. He writes thousands of responses to questions. He wrote this whole program and knows it inside out and has been working on this since Feb 1998. And he will get back to you usually within a day, or two at the most.
- Why do profiles get blocked sometimes?
- Everyone can block people from their own profile, just because they want to. Additionally, sometimes Penpal World blocks a profile while they check out complaints or fix other problems.
- What is not okay here?
- Please remember this is penpals. Please keep it appropriate. This includes both messages between adults and messages between adults and minors. Please do not mass mail large numbers of the same message to other people. Keep it individualized. Please do not try to scam or trick people. Please limit yourself in your number of profiles.
- What happened to the search by date section from the last system, where you could put in a target date?
- It is under revision. Eventually you will be able to search by specific date again.
- What can I do as a VIP member that I can't as a free member?
- Lots of things. For example, you can write a longer profile, see what the ISP number says about approximately where messages were actually mailed from, send out many more messages, see the names and numbers of who looked at your profile, have your own private mailbox here, disable your comments section, and more.
- If I want to, how do I resize a message box?
- Look at the right bottom corner of the box. Drag it.
- How do I pause my profile, like if I am going on vacation and do not want it online for a while? If I pause a profile, what happens to it? Can it be seen?
- Look for the section under My Account if you want to pause your profile. As long as you do not open the paused profile, it becomes invisible on the system. If you open it, then it shows a message saying it is paused.
- How can I see who has been looking at me?
- Right after you log in, go to the left bottom of the page. You'll see it, profiles viewed. Click on it. As a free member you can't see their names or IDs but you can see their pictures and when they looked at you. You can look at the first page as a free member. As a VIP you can look at everyone who viewed you, click on them, and go to their profile and check them out.
- Is there a policy on friends? Some people collect them and some friend everybody and some people won't friend you unless they know you well.
- It is your personal choice how you handle it and what you consider a friend. If you want to, you can say in your profile what your preference is. If you go over a certain number (lots) Penpal World may not be able to display them all though. If we have a preference here at PPW, it would be to friend friends, as it is less stress to our system than having 5,000 friends on a profile.
- How do I cancel my account?
- It is very easy to delete your account. You can simply log into your PenPal World account and then click the "My Account" link. Next click on the "Delete your account" link in the sub-navigation.